This product has been discontinued. For information on a similar product or replacement please call us at (800) 338-2372.
A step ahead in Bariatric seating. The only seating system designed and engineered specifically for heavy or obese patients who have difficulty in sitting and rising from standard height seating. This model meets OSHA Regulations and The Americans With Disability Act by helping to prevent back injuries to the Caregiver and by meeting the needs of the disabled in the workplace.
- Helps patients to enter and exit safely and easily.
- Keeps hip flexion under 90 degrees.
- Reduces excessive pressure on hip, knee and back joints.
- Decreases the range of motion on the hip and knee joints needed when rising.
- Helps maintain correct skeletal alignment and prevent hip dislocations following THR.
- E-Z GRIP extended armrests provide added safety, balance and help eliminate forward trunk lean when rising from a seated position thereby reducing the risk of falls, hip fractures, dislocations and other injuries.
- Helps reduce work related back injuries caused by lifting patients in and out of standard and low seating including those with wheels.
- 500 lb weight capacity
- Patented, adjustable, ergonomic GLIDE-A-WAY™ FOOTREST with extra large platform for supporting feet.
- 2 position seat height and depth adjustment.
- 4 position back adjustment.
- E-Z GRIP extended armrests.
- Wide, deep, firm seat and back for correct positioning.
- Finger touch control of footrest handle.
- Sturdy sled base hardwood A-Frame design for added support and balance.
- Rear wheels (optional) facilitate moving of empty ASCENDER 500, therefore protecting caregiver and product.
Product Specifications: Overall Height 43"