Exergen Temporal Thermometers
Exergen Corporation is the recognized world leader in industrial and medical non-invasive temperature technology. From providing temperature sensors for NASA and various industries to creating one of the world’s most popular baby gifts, Exergen creates non-invasive temperature measurement devices providing lower cost, higher accuracy, less invasiveness, and greater reliability than ever previously possible.
The TAT-5000 Thermometer - Designed for Hospital UseThe TAT-5000 temporal scanner is the most accurate non-invasive thermometer on the market. The patented technology in this thermometer uses an innovative method of temperature assessment that is based on infrared readings of temporal artery blood flow.
- Fast, safe, and comfortable for the patient & clinician
- Proven more accurate than ear thermometry
- Low cost system
- Lifetime warranty
The TAT-2000 Thermometer - Light-Duty Professional Use:The TAT-2000 is a light-duty professional model intended for school nurses, nursing homes, and other occasional use clinical settings. It allows the choice of using disposable covers or cleaning between patients with a disinfectant wipe.
- Used with newborns, infants, children or adults
- Fast and easy to use
- LCD Display & audible indicator
- 3-Year warranty
Take a look at Exergen's virtual classroom
Why Choose Exergen
- The TemporalScanner Thermometer (TAT) is the most technologically advanced method of temperature assessment, measuring core body temperature with a gentle horizontal slide from the center of the forehead, across the temporal artery area to the hairline. The TAT detects the heat naturally emitting from the skin surface over the temporal artery using a patented arterial heat balance system to automatically account for the effects of ambient temperature on the skin. As a noninvasive thermometer, it does not come in contact with any mucous membranes, becoming first thermometer capable of use without disposable covers.
- As a site for temperature measurement, the temporal artery presents many benefits: it requires less than 5 seconds, poses no risk of injury for patient or clinician, eliminates any need for disrobing or unbundling, and is suitable for all ages.
- The TemporalScanner is used daily by more than 4,000 hospitals, tens of thousands of clinics, office based practices, and nursing homes. And, more than 40 peer reviewed published studies attest to its accuracy.
- A 90% cost savings is provided by the TAT because disposable covers are optional. The vast majority of hospitals have approved the use of an alcohol or other hospital approved disinfectant wipe of the probe head between patients.
- Resposable covers are available if preferred, and can be reused on the same patient. For isolation patients, a film sheath is available that encases the entire thermometer.
- The Lifetime Warranty, unique to thermometry, protects the entire instrument, and eliminates spare parts storage, biomedical engineering labor, and all repair charges.