Acapella® combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any spatial orientation. Patients are free to sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than CPT, takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems (COPD, asthma, Cystic Fibrosis). Color-coded units (green for high-flow, blue for low) help customize treatment based on clinical needs. You can adjust acapella's frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial.
- Color-coded: Green-DH <15 lpm for 3 seconds.
- Inspiratory Valve.
- 22mm OD ambient end.
- 22mm OD patient end.
- Expiratory resistance dial.
- Patented rocker mechanism.
- Can accommodate virtually any patient’s lung capacity.
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth.
- May be used with mask or mouthpiece nebulizer
- Can accommodate virtually any patient’s lung capacity. Reproducible therapies.
- Use in any position-patient is free to sit, stand or recline.
* Mahimeister MJ et al. "Positive-expiratory pressure mask therapy: Theoretical and Practical Considerations and a Review of the Literature", Respiratory Care, 1991.