Welch Allyn introduces the PanOptic™ Ophthalmoscope, a revolutionary new concept for visualizing the fundus.
Disclaimer: This is the PanOptic Ophthalmoscope head only. Power Handles sold separately.
Developed by Welch Allyn the originator of the world's first hand-held direct illuminating ophthalmoscope, the PanOptic™ incorporates an innovative and patented new optical design called Axial PointSource™ Optics.
This enabling technology makes it easier to enter small pupils and provides a dramatically wider, more panoramic view of the fundus that's 5X larger than ever before achieved with a standard ophthalmoscope in an undilated eye. Patented new Axial PointSource™ Optics. Illumination system converges the light to a point at the cornea, allowing easy entry into small, undilated pupils. The illumination pathway then diverges to the retina, illuminating a very wide area of the fundus. Viewing system enables the operator to view the illuminated area on virtually the same axis, creating the widest field-of-view attainable.
- Provides a 5-times larger view of the fundus than ever before achieved with a standard ophthalmoscope in an undilated eye.
- Enables a 25-degree field-of-view vs. the standard 5-degree field-of-view.
- Increases magnification by 26% over a standard ophthalmoscope.
- Patented Glare Extinguishment System prevents interference from unwanted glare and reflections.
- New Halogen HPX™ lamp provides bright, white light.
- Greater working distance improves the comfort of both examiner and patient.
- Works with all existing Welch Allyn 3.5v power sources (battery handle or wall transformer), saving additional investment.
- The patient eyecup:
- establishes and maintains proper viewing distance
- provides stabilization for the view
- is a pivoting point for leverage in panning around the retina
- occludes ambient light, and helps with orientation.
- The dynamic focusing wheel adjusts the focus in a continuous, smooth action for more precise control and the optimum view with a focusing range of -20 to +20 diopters.
- The aperture dial has micro, small, and large spot sizes, a slit aperture, and red-free filter, and cobalt blue filter with add-on corneal magnifiying lens (Model 11820 only).
- The ergonomic design of the built-in, soft grip handle provides maximum comfort, balance, and access to controls.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.