The Welch Allyn 14000 SureSight Vision Screener is a child-friendly vision test that's automatic, objective, and takes just seconds.
The Welch Allyn Vision Screener allows you to test for the primary vision disorder in children, refractive error. The Welch Allyn 14000 provides a child-friendly vision screening that engages youngsters, puts them at ease, and requires minimal cooperation.
Vision disorders are one of the most prevalent health problems children have, and in pre-schoolers, the majority are undetected. Left untreated, these disorders often lead to amblyopia ("lazy eye") -- the leading cause of monocular blindness in North Americans under 70. The Welch Allyn SureSight is the first objective, accurate vision test that ensures reliable early detection of refractive error, the primary vision disorder in children.
Easy to Use:
- One press of a button starts automatic sequential test of both eyes.
- Five-second, automatic test addresses compliance problems and makes testing easier.
- Automatically measures and indicates abnormal readings on a high visibility display- no provider interpretation is required.
- Hand-Held unit operates for three hours of continuous testing.
Child Friendly & Nonintrusive Screenings:
- Operates at a non-threatening 14-inch (35 cm) distance.
- Requires minimal cooperation, making it ideal for use on young children, the disabled, and when there is a language barrier.
- Flashing lights and sounds engage the patient's attention.
Screens for Common Vision Problems:
- Myopia/Hyperopia (Near & Far Sightedness)
- Astigmatism (Asymmetrical Focus)
- Anisometropia (Unequal Power Between Eyes)
- Data Acquisition: Measures and averages 5 to 8 readings/eye
- Data Acquisition Time: 2.4 s/eye
- Technology: Welch Allyn proprietary autorefractor hardware/algorithm
- Working Distance: 14 inches (35 cm)
- Battery Life: More than 3 hours of continuous usage
- Low-battery Indicator: Indicates ~ 15 minutes usage remains
- Weight: 2.0 lbs (0.9 Kg)
- Warranty : 1-year warranty.