The Exergen TAT-2000 temporal thermometer is a light-duty professional model intended for school nurses, nursing homes, and other occasional use clinical settings.
The TAT-2000 provides all of the benefits of the TAT-2100, but allows the choice of using disposable covers (caps #134203 or full sheath #129462), or cleaning between patients with a disinfectant wipe. The TAT-2000 is protected by a three year warranty.
The temporal artery, easily visible in an infrared image, is scanned to find the peak temperature. The patented Arterial Heat Balance (AHB) TM method converts this peak to a core temperature by replacing the heat lost from natural cooling of the skin.
- Fast and easy to use
- Convenient one-handed operation
- Perfect for use with newborns, infants, children or adults
- Precision Infrared System captures naturally emitted heat from the skin over the temporal artery
- Selects most accurate of 1000 scans per second
- Wide measurement range
- LED display - Large, bright, easy to read
- Operates on one 9V battery (included)
- Disposable covers optional
- LED scan indicator - Indicates temperature is being scanned and flashes when a higher measurement is detected, indicating the location of the temporal artery
- Audible indicator - Gentle audible sound indicates a higher temperature has been detected
- Auto-Off - Thermometer shuts off automatically to preserve life of battery
- Low battery indicator - Warns user to replace battery
- Latex free
- Three year warranty
- Disposable Caps (optional)