This product has been discontinued and replaced by the Harloff MH5100 Malignant-Hypothermia Cart. For any questions please call us at (800) 338-2372.
The Harloff Model 6640 & 6641 Malignant Hyperthermia Carts
Features & Benefits
• Some patients under anesthesia experience a sudden and dangerous rise in blood temperature, a condition called Malignant Hyperthermia (MH). Healthcare facilities that administer volatile inhalational agents known to trigger MH must have emergency equipment immediately available for the treatment of MH (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Care). Surgery centers must have immediately available, and in an organized cart, all items required for treatment of MH (American Society of Anesthesiologists and the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists).
• The Harloff Malignant Hyperthermia Cart will demonstrate JCAHO compliance and/or best practice for all OR suites, Level 1 Trauma Units, Surgery Centers, and Ambulatory Facilities.
• Cart includes: integrated 1.6 cu ft refrigerator/freezer with hospital grade plug, 10 glycol packs, LED-illuminated digital thermometer with cart power safety feature, 3” and 6” storage drawers, stainless steel breakaway locking system on both the refrigerator and the two storage drawers, full wrap-around vinyl bumper on separate steel frame, ball-bearing full extension drawer slides, removable plastic top, 5-inch premium wheels with one brake and one tracking caster, powder coat finish in 12 colors listed below.
• The Cart increases patient safety and departmental efficiency by providing a convenient, portable and economic solution for storage and transport of cooled glycol packs, cold saline IV solutions, and dantrolene (Dantrium) used to stabilize MH. Cart can hold critical MH emergency supplies at the proper temperature in close proximity to areas where they are most likely needed.
• External digital thermometer is visible at a distance in all lighting condition, and allows continual monitoring of the supplies" temperature.
• Cart ships with wheels assembled, so the cart does not need to be inverted to install the wheels, thereby protecting the refrigeration components.
Construction: Steel Cabinet and Drawers with Built-in Refrigerator 1.6 cu ft refrigerator/freezer with hospital grade plug 10 Glycol packs LED-illuminated digital thermometer with cart power safety feature.