The FreeDop is a revolutionary cordless Doppler, giving total freedom of movement anywhere in the exam room. One-hand operation is easy because the controls are right on the probe. Digital readout accurately displays the heart rate in large, easy-to-read numbers. Drop-in recharging stand which can be mounted to a wall, counter or IV pole, keeps the system ready to perform at all times. Sound quality is superb with built-in dual speakers. One system can be used for both obstetrical and vascular applications due to the interchangeable probes.
Vascular applications include helping to detect arterial and venous disease, assessing blood pressures, checking for impotence and locating vessels for IVs and any other application where detection and monitoring of blood flow is important. Sterile sheaths are available for the cordless probe making it ideal for surgical applications. The 5 MHz probe is used for general vascular diagnosis. It may be used for deep arterial and venous flow detection. The 8 MHz probe is a vascular probe used for superficial vessel studies. It can be used to help assess blood pressures and detect blood flow in digits. 5 year warranty.
Obstetrical applications include reassuring the mother, detecting pregnancy and determining multiple pregnancies. The 2 MHz probe is best for use in detecting fetal heart tones after 12 weeks and throughout labor and delivery. It can also be used on obese patients. The 2 MHz probe is good for hospital labor and delivery areas. The 3 MHz probe is designed for increased sensitivity in the early stages of pregnancy. It can detect fetal heart tones as early as 8 to 10 weeks. When using only one probe, this is the best choice. 5 year warranty.
FreeDop Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 6.3 x 8.9 inches (11.2 x 16.0 x 22.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 lb. (1.2 kg)
- Power source: 110V recharger (220V optional)
- Battery type:
- Display unit: 12V NiCad, user replaceable
- Probe: 7.2V NiCad, user replaceable
- Battery capacity:
- Display unit: 50 minutes typical (away from charger)
- Probe: 45 minutes typical
- Battery recharge time:
- Display unit: 14 hours
- Probe: 10 hours
- Display range:
- Fetal: 60-210 beats per minute
- Vascular: 60-119 beats per minute
- Display resolution: 1 beat per minute
- Display accuracy: +/- 1 beat per minute at low end of display range; +/- 5 beats per minute at high end of display range