Finally, a child-friendly vision test that's automatic, objective, and takes just seconds. Vision disorders are one of the most prevalent health problems children have, and in pre-schoolers, the majority are undetected. Left untreated, these disorders often lead to amblyopia ("lazy eye") -- the leading cause of monocular blindness in North Americans under 70. That's why Welch Allyn created SureSight™, the first objective, accurate vision test that ensures reliable early detection of refractive error, the primary vision disorder in children.
- Five-second, automatic test addresses compliance problems and makes testing easier.
- Lights and sounds engage the patient's attention.
- Automatically measures and indicates abnormal readings - no provider interpretation is required.
- Operates at a non-threatening 14-inch (35 cm) distance.
- Requires minimal cooperation, making it ideal for use on young children, the disabled, and when there is a language barrier.
- Screens for common vision problems, including near- and farsightedness (myopia/hyperopia), astigmatism (asymmetrical focus), and anisometropia (unequal power between eyes).
Technical Specifications :
- Data Acquisition Time: 2.4 s/eye
- Data Acquisition: Measures and averages 5 to 8 readings/eye
- Weight: 2.0 lbs (0.9 Kg)
- Working Distance: 14 inches (35 cm)
- Battery Life: More than 3 hours of continuous usage
- Low-battery Indicator: Indicates ~ 15 minutes usage remains
- Technology: Welch Allyn proprietary autorefractor hardware/algorithm
- Warranty : None